C4 Forums | Control4

Resetting Media Player V1

Hi all -

My dealer is currently working to install a media player into the system. It is a used media player, and apparently it has a fixed IP address (10.0.1.250). For some reason, he can't connect to it, as the Verizon router doesn't see it.

Is there a way to do a factory reset?

Thanks,

Will

More specifically, the media player is identified as 10.0.1.250 on "port 5775". He is trying to change that to an IP address that my router will recognize , maybe using dchp. But he can't log into it, so he can't change it. Any suggestions are appreciated...

Will

Hi all -

So I'd like to tell you what 5 hours of work got us - a resolution.

Basically, the IP address of the media player was fixed, and my network wouldn't route any traffic to it, so we couldn't access it at all.

The solution was to take my router and completely reprogram it so that it was on the same network (IP address-wise), then we could access the media player and configure it for auto-IP. Then put my network back the way it was.

I sincerely hope someone knows how to reset a Media player and is willing to share their knowledge. I would not wish this on anyone. The only good news is that this qualifies as a $99 help ticket and that's all I had to pay.

Will

Yeah that won't work if the device in question is on a different IP range,

As for network reset - hook up a media player to a TV direct - power cycle while holding ID button (link LED) untill C4 logo shows up. This is readily available information to ANY dealer, takes an internet connection and roughly 5 minutes to connect, log in and find the documentation - if you arent clever enough to have it on you computer.

Sorry was on-site so didnt see your post until now...

Archived