C4 Forums | Control4

Loss of Zigbee Mesh after Power Outage

We had a power outage today. Everything seems to be ok except for the zigbee mesh network. The remote does not work and the keypads do not work. I only have one controller, an HC-300. I am running 2.1.0. I have power cycled the HC-300 but that did not help.

One strange thing, I am not sure the HC-300 itself was powered off during the outage as it is on a UPS and I don't think the power was out that long. The dimmers in the zigbee mesh would have lost power though...

Any ideas on what might be the issue?

Occasionally, on a power outage, dimmers etc don't register it pr0poperly - they don't fully power down and thus don't reboot. This shouldn't affect remotes though...

Try a nearby dimmer, pull out top tab and leave for 30 secs, push tab back in. If you have any TS interfaces, try turning the light on after it has fully reset and see if it works - if so you may need to flip some breakers to get it all back up.

Also on rebooting the 300 - make sure it stays disconnected for at least 2 minutes so it actually drains all it's caps fully before rebooting. This is sometimes an issue as well.

If none of this works, you may have to have the mesh rebuilt. Also get your system updated from 2.1.0, it's known to have some minor glitches.

It turned out the controller lost the mesh. After my dealer opened the mesh I had to re-identify each device. Everything is working now.

Is there a way to back up the mesh so that it can just be restored in a case like this? I came across others having to rebuild the mesh so it seems a somewhat common occurrence.

Archived