C4 Forums | Control4

Wireless Speaker Point - Line Out

Is there any other workaround to get Line Out (level) when using in a NON-local amp mode? I'd like to add an powered sub....but get no signal from Speaker Point Line out. I thought this would be a great common feature. Just confirming the only way is to use a level converter in parallel off speaker outputs.

If not - WHY? That just seems like a common sense feature!

line out will work without setting to local amp mode. The ONLY thing local amp mode does is prevent the line IN from being digitized (ie you can hook up a source and it will be available local only, but won't be delayed).

Note that line-out is a SEPERATE output from the speaker out and would need to be programmed as a connection seperately - which is why your idea won't work as is. Both these outputs are seperate ZONES of audio.

To do this you'd have to set up a seperate (hidden) room with the line-out as the endpoint and in programming (or using media scenes or "manually using the Zone page) make the two rooms work together.

• 1 year later...

I have one room with same connections as Kahn mentioned (2 speakers in speaker out and a subwoofer in line out). I created a new room working both rooms together in a button, but, I'm  wondering if  there's some way to control second room volume (subwoofer volume). 

Thanks for your help.

Archived