C4 Forums | Control4

can you send music from a controler to another controler ???

Hi my question is very simple , if i plug for exemple a receiver in the input of my hc-250 , is this one will send the music to my hc-200 in my living room and then i will be able to listen it in my soudbar ( 3.5mm jack into my soundbar auxlliere and i plugged into the output of my hc-200 ) ???

yes, you should be able to do this. I have something similar working on 2 of my 3 controllers...on one controller we just can't get it to work and either could c4 tech support. They wanted me to reload the controller in the project but my mesh is on that controller and I didn't want to recomission my mesh.

ok that's a big point ... i got some speaker who do kitchen and dining room, my soundbar is like 15 feet away from those and its a open area ... is there someone else who got an idea or a solution ?

Err keep in mind that this will DELAY the sound several seconds - so the two zones won't be in sync, and it won't work for video sources at all.

But it basically IS indeed possible.

You'll have to either wire it, or possibly look at a wireless 3rd party device, but even with those some delay is possible if not inevitable. Some are certainly faster than others, but you're still trying to take a stereo source, convert it to digital date, transmit it, decode it.

Even a few ms are noticable to the human ear......

There are options in general that make this work mind you, but these are complete setups that take all this into account froma source perspective to keep things in sync, and even then these usually will not include doing this for video sources, they just delay EVERY location so it all syncs up in the end.

Archived