C4 Forums | Control4

7 inch portable touchscreen battery life ???

Hi ! i bought a used c4 touchscreen 7 inch and i saw on the control4 spec that the battery life was good for 4 to 5 hours without charging . When i go in the about section on my touchscreen it says about 1 hours of battery life... is there anything i can do ( reboot or somethings ) to test the battery life and see if i really got to change it ?

1- which version of portable.

2- i wouldnt trust the batt info on ANY device too much

3- the 4-5 hours will not mean you're USING it for 4-5 hours but assumes you take it off for sporadic use, it goes into powersaving etc etc, while that 1 hour on the screen is on full use power comsumption.

If it lasts 1 h in sleep - you may want to replace the battery. But that 1h remaining should be function time not off-dock total time.

there something i dont understand ... since this morning the remote is on the charging dock and when i came back from work in the about screen there was 90 min of battery life ... :| buy a new battery is not this expensive its only thhat i dont want to change it if its good..

I will try it for sure ... Is there anybody who had one and can tell me if you love it or not ?

I'd just undock it, leave for 2h and check, another hour and check etc. 3 hours would be all i'd expect - and that's pushing it in my experience.

Archived