C4 Forums | Control4

Security System

bballboy6

I installed a concord 4 system by myself. It can be done in a weekend. The hardest part was wiring the key pad since it has to be hardwired. Everything else is wireless and not hard to install.

can you give me a idea of what i will need and where you got your parts?

I got all my parts from home security store. I got the concord 4 kit, then 3 caddx motion sensors, 11 ge window sensors, and 4 plunger ion door sensors, 1 superbus automation module, elk-44 speaker, transformer, and 12V backup battery. You will also need 4 conductor wire to hook the modules together, and a RS232 cable to hook the alarm to the control4 box.

I plan to add some glass break sensors also.

• 1 month later...
I got all my parts from home security store. I got the concord 4 kit, then 3 caddx motion sensors, 11 ge window sensors, and 4 plunger ion door sensors, 1 superbus automation module, elk-44 speaker, transformer, and 12V backup battery. You will also need 4 conductor wire to hook the modules together, and a RS232 cable to hook the alarm to the control4 box.

I plan to add some glass break sensors also.

Can the C4 driver see the wireless motion/sensors? I am thinking of the DSC system with a wireless keypad RFK5500ENG. I am worried the IT-100 serial module only sees the motion/contact sensors that are wired and not wireless?

Anyone familiar with the DSC hybird wired / wireless system?

I have been using DSC for the past 2 years with Control4 and have no issues. Everything responds instantly and I have several events triggered from it. Sometime you are limited by your monitoring company and what equipment they can support. Most people here like the Concord. Unfortunately, my alarm company could not monitor it so I went with DSC over HoneyWell since their module was too expensive and difficult to find.

I think the OP question around a wireless security system. I know DSC has wireless but I don't have any experience with it since mine is wired. Not sure if the other mentioned on here are completely wireless.

I have been using DSC for the past 2 years with Control4 and have no issues. Everything responds instantly and I have several events triggered from it. Sometime you are limited by your monitoring company and what equipment they can support. Most people here like the Concord. Unfortunately, my alarm company could not monitor it so I went with DSC over HoneyWell since their module was too expensive and difficult to find.

I think the OP question around a wireless security system. I know DSC has wireless but I don't have any experience with it since mine is wired. Not sure if the other mentioned on here are completely wireless.

Is concord wireless?

Archived