C4 Forums | Control4

TV Audio not showing as a source

In my basement I have my tv output --> Controller audio input and everything is setup in c pro connections, but I can't see it as an audio source. I don't get any options in navigator to add ceiling speakers. This works in the other rooms...what am I missing?

It probably should work, but why do this?

I want to do this to listen to the tv in another part of the house. Example: sports on and I want to listen on the back porch

everything will be delayed by several seconds this way.

doesn't matter to me. not trying to listen in the same room

Also there has to be a path from a controller to go to whatever outputs the audio (amp) for it to show up.

can you explain what you mean by this

It probably should work' date=' but why do this?[/quote']

I want to do this to listen to the tv in another part of the house. Example: sports on and I want to listen on the back porch

everything will be delayed by several seconds this way.

doesn't matter to me. not trying to listen in the same room

As long as you understand the limitations. BUT understand that you CAN cause the system to use this route for the room the TV is in unless you're very carefull with connection setups.

Also there has to be a path from a controller to go to whatever outputs the audio (amp) for it to show up.

can you explain what you mean by this

You're feeding a source into a C4 controller, correct? This means that for the room you WANT to listen to this "source" there has to be some path for a controller to get the digitized stream to whatever powers the speakers. So either a C4 speakerpoint, a feed from a(ny) C4 controller to the respective amplifier (please note that the C4 matrix and amps do NOT stream direct from the system, they still need an analogue connection to a controller, speakerpoint excepted).

Archived