C4 Forums | Control4

SR-250 Volume

cashmoney

My kids almost exclusively utilize SR-250's for controlling their music and I'd like to limit how loud this remote can turn up the system. Is there a way that I can limit how high they can turn the volume up? I quickly looked at the programming features but doesn't look like you can do much.

You can't limit the SR-250 as such, however a dealer using composer pro can set maximum volume levels for outputs on C4 amps, so if you have those rooms can be set to a maximum limit.

Beyond that the only rooms you'd be able to do this on in general is ones that have discreet volume (shown as % on screens). Then you could program something along the lines of:

When room X CurrentVolume changes

If room X CurrentVolume is higher than xx%, set room XCurrentVolume to xx%

Not perfect but it should work reasonably well. CurrentVolume is found vy preesing the [+] next to the Room Variables under each room.

Oh and the programming option will of course also work on C4 amps. Advantage of this method is that it's doable by anyone with HE, changeable should you want to AND you can build in conditions. Examples would be reducing it to 30% at night, 70% during the day, disabling the limitations on the weekend etc etc etc.

you can set a default audio for video level for a room...........and probably not allow the volume level go up via programming, unless you execute a numerical password..on ur remote......might be a pain in the ass ......but i think can be done

programming experts.....your thoughts?

you can set a default audio for video level for a room...........and probably not allow the volume level go up via programming, unless you execute a numerical password..on ur remote......might be a pain in the ass ......but i think can be done

programming experts.....your thoughts?

See my post for what I suspect is the only way to do a volume max-out in programming - short of certain drivers for third party amps/matrixes exposing the setting.

Doing it on a password would involve a lot of script. It's possible, I've done some override button sequences (essentially what a passsword is) on keypads, TScreen shortcut buttons and remotes, but it's a pain and even more so to change.

Don't think any of them are still around. All are max volume level per room now or a time-based max as per above programming.

Archived