C4 Forums | Control4

Best Hulu Integration Suggestions

tazplex

Looking to integrate Hulu and Netflix into my system via a single box, preferably in 1080p. What's everyone's preferred method? I use Plex with Alan's driver for local content, but the plugin interface for Hulu and Netflix isn't pretty. I've looked at a jailbroken ATV2 with the DD IP driver, but I think that's limited to 720p. Can the Roku do it in 1080p? Comments, thoughts?

James, if you read this, I really like how you can have the driver launch the app on startup (avoiding the ATV2 interface) as you show with Netflix in the video. Is it possible to program that for more than one app on the Apple TV - ie. can I have my dealer program a 'watch Netflix' and a 'watch Hulu' off the same ATV2 and have a direct boot to either, or need I pick one or the other?. Is this behaviour possible with the Roku as well?

Thanks

Yes you can say if I press green button in family room launch netflix on atv but if I press blue button launch weather, etc. etc.

In fact with voice pod you just SAY launch netflix. Well you can when its out :)

FYI, our driver is already ready for 1080p atv v3 just waiting on firecore for atv v3.

Yes you can say if I press green button in family room launch netflix on atv but if I press blue button launch weather, etc. etc.

In fact with voice pod you just SAY launch netflix. Well you can when its out :)

FYI, our driver is already ready for 1080p atv v3 just waiting on firecore for atv v3.

Sounds good to me. Can I purchase directly off your website, or do I need to have my dealer do this? Also I assume if ATV does get jailbroken in the future I can just replace the hardware and use the existing driver.

Definitely getting a VoicePod when they come out!

Do you mean "almost" ready or "already ready"? ;)

I went to your site and only saw the v2 driver available. I just replaced my ATV v2 w/ an ATV v3. Does this require the ATV to be jail broken?

FYI' date=' our driver is already ready for 1080p atv v3 just waiting on firecore for atv v3.[/quote']

Do you mean "almost" ready or "already ready"? ;)

I went to your site and only saw the v2 driver available. I just replaced my ATV v2 w/ an ATV v3. Does this require the ATV to be jail broken?

ATV 3 can't be jailbroken yet. This driver only works with a Jailbroken ATV2.....The driver technically, as James said, will work fine with an ATV3, but FireCore needs to release their jailbreak and software.

Archived