C4 Forums | Control4

Speakerpoint Application Question

CFUG

Need a quick answer here. Will a Speakerpoint running in the same C4 amp zone (amp running ceiling elements and the Speakerpoint feeding a subwoofer) run time-aligned or will it lag the amp? Digital music source will be used.

Here's a thought. I know that I can run a C4amp zone and a Denon zone served by a HC-250 simultaneously with no noticeable issues. So, what is the difference between that and processing through a Speakerpoint? Maybe I should use a HC-200 then?

C4UG,

It all depends on what is transcoding the stream. If you are decoding the music with a Controller (any version) and then distributing it to your amp and a speaker point they will be on the same time. (I.E. synched)

If you are taking an analog signal and then using a speaker point over the network. Which means one player is encoding ( speaker point). They will be out of synch.

If this is too brief, PM me for more detail

Brent

^That makes sense to me. Rhapsody and iPod-based digital music is what I'm immediately dealing with- both decoded through a single 800. DVR analog audio-out, for example, is not going to lay-down nicely using my example from above. Hopefully, I'm understanding correctly now?

^ You've got hte gist of it.

IF you use a source that is either directly fed from a controller (Rhapsody, stored digital music) it should be fine - the system syncs all streams.

IF you have an iPod dock plugged into a controller ONLY - it should be fine as well. The whole reason of the delay caused by digitizing is to give the system the ability to have all controller/speakerpoint outputs (and even those TScreens with audio output on them) synced.

Of course there ARE other factors potentially involved - such as any audio processing done by receivers for some zones, or a poor network or internet connection throwing the ntdp server for a loop.

Many receivers thes days are quyite quick and don't create much delay - or you can use a simple processing setting such as

"matrix" or 5/7 ch stereo and you may not notice a thing, or use direct for no processing at all.

As for using a controller - actually you can set a controller output as an audio andpoint AND as an audio volume endpoint- so you certainly COULD do this. Yes you'll have volume control, and in full 1% increase if memory serves.

Archived