C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Experts To Verify Connections, Please

rf5000

Okay guys, I'm going to list what I have going on and what is connected to see if you guys can look it over and verify that I'm ready to go for programming. I have:

(20)+/- dimmers (installed and are lit up)

(9) six button keypads (installed and are lit up)

(7) Infinity Screens (all power on and go to C4 logo to begin setup. They are all directly wired via Cat6 to my switch)

(1) Kwikset Zigbee door lock (installed on an exterior entry door)

(3) Axis security cameras (directly wired via Cat6 to my switch)

(1) HC-800 (2 sets of analog audio outs run to master amplifier as source one and two. 1 Serial cable to amp communication module. 1 Serial cable to Honeywell Vista 20p security systme serial automation communication module

(1) HC-300c (2 sets of analog audio outs run to master amplifer as source three and four)

(4) Speakercraft MZC-66 amplifiers (interconnected to each other with Cat6 patch cables. Master amp is connected to Speakercraft serial communication module. Module is connected to HC-800 via serial cable

(48) in ceiling speakers connected to 4 amplifiers

(1) Synology NAS server (Connected to HC800 via USB cable. Connected to switch Via CAT6)

(1) Cisco modem (Connected to incoming cable internet service. Cat6 wire to Netgear Router)

(1) Net gear Router (Connected via Cat6 to Cisco Modem, connected Cat6 to Netgear Prosafe 48 Port POE switch)

Set the camera's to static IPs etc and have the list available.

I'm not seeing any sources beyond the controllers obviously, so you could do those if there are any and if you have them do the ir/serial connections.

Syn NAS - it would work but any specific reason why both USB and network?

Beyond that, what you have looks fine.

Set the camera's to static IPs etc and have the list available.

I'm not seeing any sources beyond the controllers obviously, so you could do those if there are any and if you have them do the ir/serial connections.

Syn NAS - it would work but any specific reason why both USB and network?

Beyond that, what you have looks fine.

Agreed, everything looks good, why the USB connection? The 800 can access it just fine over 10/100

Also, my only sources are going to rhapsody and the NAS, so there really isnt anything else to connect, right? May add a CD changer later. I'm doing no video distribution in this system.

Lastly, if I wanted my (3) Axis cameras to record on the NAS, would I use one of the Synology programs for this? Or is there a better option or something through Control4? And what about VPN? Is it best to use the NAS and a Synology VPN program? I want to be able to view all cameras, and operate any function of the C4 system from a iphone, ipad, etc.

Archived