C4 Forums | Control4

Whats the coolest thing you did with your alarm sytem and control4

louisraza1

18. note the pistol pad (www.pistolpad.com) is automatically armed so that if it is removed it sends a silent alarm to the police that a gun has been deployed at the residence.

Bill

Thanks for that site link' date=' but it is [url']http://www.thepistolpad.com/

Thanks - screwed up doing it from memory - but you are correct - it catches me out every time.

Bill

13. weather radio is set up so taht any NOAA weather alerts for our immediate area turn on speakers in house and play the alert

Bill

How is this accomplished? I have not seen a WX radio with alarm trigger.

My dealer did this - it is a 69.00 dollar radio that has AUDIO out on it. (We have an "earphone jack that we hooked up to the C4)

http://safetycentral.com/miwrpualallh.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=18283950120&utm_content=pla

When Control 4 senses audio input, it turns on all the speakers and broadcasts the weather emergency thoughout the house.

It is REALLY cool - we have had relatively little severe weather this year so the wife is not bothered much. HOWEVER - when you have a sever weather evening - it CAN get a little obnoxious as funnel clouds are spotted near you and sever wind/hail etc happens.

BUT - honestly - would you rather not wake up or wake up and say "we should have gone to the shelter?"

So - she puts up with it.

Bill

depend where you live... i am in montreal and except for a snow storm ( dont need a alarm haha ! ) we dont have nasty weather . :D

^No, I fully agree it should be doing its job 24/7. Audio sense, I see. I was looking 'round for a tone decoder (NOAA tone trigger) but felt the investment was not worth it for what little nasty weather we have here.

^No, I fully agree it should be doing its job 24/7. Audio sense, I see. I was looking 'round for a tone decoder (NOAA tone trigger) but felt the investment was not worth it for what little nasty weather we have here.

For $69.00 this works a treat -

I guess that it all depends on what one calls "nasty" weather - I think that three feet of snow is "nasty". And I would not appreciate being woken up to hear about it. grin

Bill

Well, I don't think I need to be telling you that there are "elegant" ways of dealing with announcements. I do LED colors at night in the Master Suite. Neither one of us sleeps through the night so we always see what's happening before morning breaks.

What are you using for the led ?? Wich one ?

Well, I don't think I need to be telling you that there are "elegant" ways of dealing with announcements. I do LED colors at night in the Master Suite. Neither one of us sleeps through the night so we always see what's happening before morning breaks.

I have to turn off the LEDs in the master suite at night because it "keeps her awake". HOWEVER - when I tried to use them for notification of events - she slept through them - so we know:

1. if they are on and she is TRYING to go to sleep - she can't

2. if she is asleep - they will not wake her up

3. we had to stick with announcements.

WOMEN! You can't live with em and you can't shoot em.

<grin>

Don't get me wrong - my favorite person is a woman - but - they CAN be exhasperating and at times incompatible with logic (and therefore a home automation system.)

Bill

• 4 years later...
On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 3:51 PM, louisraza1 said:

you got to be home before 11:00 or you will have the police to your house haha ! i really like the idea that when the alarm triggered during the night all lights goes on or flashe !

I've been trying to get my lights to flash FOREVER! Blue and white for cops, red and white for fire.... how did you get yours set up to do that?!

1. when system is ARMED and weather is equal or greater than 78f, close all shades in house

2. when system is armed, turn off all rooms and lights

3. when system is in exit delay mode and front or back door is opened and then closed, lock the door.  I have a "goodbye" button by most doors so when that button is pushed, it also unlocks the door closest to it. 

4.  if system is armed at night and sensors detect motion, bathroom, kitchen and hall lights dim and then turn off after 5 min

5.  when system is armed turn off touchscreens

6. when system is armed turn off surveilance tv monitors (i have tvs that are dedicated for cameras)

7. when system is in entry delay mode and door closes, then lock it.

Archived