C4 Forums | Control4

Announcement Agent Question

i think you can do some annoucements with your denon . when you program it just ask it to use the denon receiver in wich zone you want it.

Do I need the Control4 Amp to run announcements to my speakers? I have a Denon receiver with two zones programmed into my HC-250 right now.

Only issue with AV receivers doing announcements is if the receiver is off, it usually takes a fair amount of time before the receiver turns on. Which may make the announcement sound laggy.

I timed how long it took for my receiver turn on and do it's self check -- takes 15 seconds. I then took my announcements and added 17 seconds to them. Working generally well. I am OK with the latency that is required. Most of my ideas for announcements are based on the timing of walking from the garage to the kitchen... roughly 35 seconds. My dealer set up an annoucement that the garage is open or closed as well. I am looking forward to doing many more announcements on my own. Lots of ideas that I am sure will really annoy my wife.

Archived