C4 Forums | Control4

Projector Recommendation

Obviously the projector will be protected from the elements?

I'd look at something cheap, say an Optoma HD71. There is a reputable dealer on eBay from Canada that's been selling refurbs of this PJ for years. It's an excellent unit that's been we'll reviewed from the time it first was released.

Obviously you'll need to consider things like your screen size, throw distance, and if you can controll ambient light.

I happen to have an Optoma HD72 that does 1080i and 720p in a dedicated home theater that has occasional use for movies and/or football games.

I was going to upgrade soon, so if you want it send me a message. it has been a fantastic PJ I just need to upgrade... likely to another Optoma.

if you find a way to turn off the moon just let me know :D ! I saw a epson powerlite 8350 for some good price and a nice performance for the price and he do 1080i, 1080p, 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p

sure. its called a cloud.

if you found the way to integrate the clouds with my c4 in my home I'll be grateful all my life !!! ;)

if you find a way to turn off the moon just let me know :D ! I saw a epson powerlite 8350 for some good price and a nice performance for the price and he do 1080i' date=' 1080p, 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p[/quote']

Only problem with the HD72 is that its half the brightness and brightness is more important outdoors as you'll always have some ambient light. It's hard to flip a switch and turn the moon off.

I was at a resort last summer that offered outdoor movies poolside. Lots of lights on in and around the pool- no problem for the stone age PJ they were running. Tail-end of last year was at a kids party where the guy had an outdoor theater set-up. Again, no problem for the $1000 PJ running next to porch lights and decorations burning throughout the lot.

Buy anything- it'll work fine. If it's outside, I'd not spend a fortune...

Only problem with the HD72 is that its half the brightness and brightness is more important outdoors as you'll always have some ambient light. It's hard to flip a switch and turn the moon off.

I was at a resort last summer that offered outdoor movies poolside. Lots of lights on in and around the pool- no problem for the stone age PJ they were running. Tail-end of last year was at a kids party where the guy had an outdoor theater set-up. Again' date=' no problem for the $1000 PJ running next to porch lights and decorations burning throughout the lot.

Buy anything- it'll work fine. If it's outside, I'd not spend a fortune...[/quote']

I don't disagree and that's why I suggested a $400 pj.

You could use a 900 lumen PJ and a bed sheet, a 2500 lumen PJ will simply provide a better picture.

Programming for "the cloud" is notoriously difficult.

:)

RyanE

lave it to Ryan to digress into programming, to subvert us all from the fact that C4's cloud driver does not work well in overcast, and temperature delta/variance is horrendous!

:)

Archived