C4 Forums | Control4

ADT system, keep or boot?

Hi guys, I am about to move into a new house that already has an ADT system. should I spend time and money having my C4 system work with it or just leave it as is? I think all it does if monitor some doors. what else can I have an ADT system do with C4? I have card access sensors on my doors that I am taking to the new house so should I just boot the ADT system all together?

I am currently running 1.8 os but I think will upgrade now so I can use the pocket keypad and add some new stuff like gate sensors.

thanks.

As a dealer I try to replace ADT systems with a Concord, but mainly because I have very limited experience with C4 and ADT.

It is a personal choice. In my home I have a NX-8 security system and I extensively integrate them. I have thermostats ties to doors and window being left open more than 5 minutes, I have lights turn on when opening the back door.

However I have some clients that we have the Concord with Alarm.com but not ties to Control4 because there is not desire or significant benefit.

Do you want monitoring service? If so, I would check to see what companies besides ADT are in your area and see what equipment they support. Once you have that, you can make a better decision on what hardware to switch from.

Personally, never liked ADT or any contract model. We ended up with DSC since the monitoring company we went with could not monitor GE systems. The DSC integrates nicely with Control4 and responds quickly.

Do you want monitoring service? If so, I would check to see what companies besides ADT are in your area and see what equipment they support. Once you have that, you can make a better decision on what hardware to switch from.

Personally, never liked ADT or any contract model. We ended up with DSC since the monitoring company we went with could not monitor GE systems. The DSC integrates nicely with Control4 and responds quickly.

Yeah...they can actually, they just don't want to.

But DSC is perfectly fine so no loss anyway.

Archived