C4 Forums | Control4

Newbie Question of the day

What determines whether a room is "on" or "off?" If 1 light out of 5 in a room is on, does C4 see the room as being "on"? If all the lights in a room are off but the tv is on, does C4 see the room as being "on?" Conversely, does C4 only see a room as being off only if all devices in the room are off?

I am trying to set up my first "massive" lighting scene this weekend. I want it set so that during the week, at sunset, certain lights that are on downstairs are dimmed to a certain level. I am assuming I will need to set a variable for every light downstairs (so that C4 will know whether it is on or not.

Thanks.

Another random question.... do users of HE have the ability to program how buttons on a certain remote control work, or can that only be done via Composer Pro? Same with the iOS devices.... when I click Watch, I get that standard watch screen with the red, yellow, green buttons, but they don't do anything. I want to see about changing that myself.

You can change the red, green , yellow, blue buttons with HE yourself.

As for the touchscreens and iOS, can we actually label these buttons, or am I pushing into the realm of Crestron customization?

Can you provide a very brief rundown of where I will find the remote in HE so that I can change the button functions? Will it appear under the device tree on the left side of the screen?

No you can't relabel them.

What you do is got to the ROOM itself on the left, and under commands find the appropriate command, then program as desired.

Thus this programming is based on the ROOM, not the individual remote. Should you want you can make it depend on selected source etc using the proper IF commands (IF current selected device is [blu-Ray player]....)

Can we use a USB memory stick as external storage for an HC-800? I want to get screen savers and announcements set up. It seems logical to have that info stored on a memory stick rather than an external hard drive that will eat more energy. Also, does my dealer have to set it up, or would it be as simple as "plug and play?"

thanks.

Archived