C4 Forums | Control4

Touchscreen Backlight Stuck On

Anyone ever have an issue with an InfinityEdge touchscreen having its backlight stuck on? The screensaver is set to blank the touchscreen after a certain amount of time. When the time arrives, the touchscreen displays a black image, but it doesn't shut off the backlight. It's basically displaying a black image rather than turning off the touchscreen. On all my other touchscreens, the touchscreen shuts off when the screensaver kicks in.

Weird. I have not seen this on 2.4. One thing you may try is removing/re-adding the driver (requiring a identification) in the project.

Matt

Doesn't help. Looks like a bum touchscreen.

Reboot it. The only oddity I've ever seen on those is right after setting of the SS time, the display would not follow the new setting until I move off of that page.

I've done that repeatedly the past few weeks doing other stuff and it hasn't changed the behavior at all. I may try resetting the whole thing and see if that fixes it.

Well, if you took it off the wall (and not just a softy reboot), I'd say it's fubar'd. But, is it really that critical? I've never read of a light going soft or failing just because it's on all the time... Why not warranty the thing?

Archived