C4 Forums | Control4

2.4 Screen Saver Issues - Solved

Since we're in June, I thought I'd swap out my Christmas themed screen saver for a less holiday set.

I've used this exact set before, and had no issues so I assume the pictures are fine (zip of pictures at below). The only thing that has changed since I last messed with my screensaver is the OS version (2.3 seemed to work fine).

The screensaver storage is setup on a NAS, and when I hit "add" on the media tab, it goes through the motions as if it were working. After it "finishes" it shows 3 of the pictures (set has 94).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26615815/1920x1080_Everyday.zip

When I look at the NAS file share, I see the following:

control4_pictures\16x16 - has 3 jpgs

folders control4_pictures\320x240 - 1280x720 has only 1 picture

and 1920x1080_orig is totally empty.

Anyone have any ideas?

Try the following instead - add all the pics directly to the 1920x1080_orig folder.

Then in Composer, change the screensaver folder location (plug in a temp usb stick if needed, and change back - this should force it to scan the folder and fix missing resolutions.

Almost - So I tried your suggestion and it sort of worked. All folders now have scaled versions of the images in the 1920x1080_orig folder, but they do not appear in the Screensaver branch of the Media Tab.

It's weird in that it recognized the files enough to scale them, but not enough to use them.

Any other ideas?

Thank you for your help.... I rebooted, and everything was still the same.... I tried putting the Christmas pictures back up and everything worked fine.

So I started thinking that one of the files may be corrupt, but eventually ended up trying to rename some of the longer file names, and that ended up working.

FYI, this is a decent free bulk file renamer:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/renameit/

Cyknight, thank you for the assistance!

Archived