C4 Forums | Control4

WANTED: Control4 MyHomeSite License

drmark12pa

I'm interested in purchasing a Control4 MyHomeSite License as I now understand with the HC800 and HC250 this license is bundled with these and people may not have a use for an extra license if they already have a current license. I purchased my HC800 before it was bundled but am now in the market for the full home license so I can use it with a tablet, PC, and Android phone.

If anyone has an extra license they'd be willing to sell less than the current retail $500 price please contact me.

So you waited to long to get one, and now your hoping that someone will sell an item that they decided to take a chance on and buy extra?

And you want to get it for less than MSRP?

It may very well happen, but I worry that some dealers bought them to sell for more than MSRP.

That being said

good luck

So you waited to long to get one, and now your hoping that someone will sell an item that they decided to take a chance on and buy extra?

It may very well happen, but I worry that some dealers bought them to sell for more than MSRP.

That being said

good luck

I don't know that I "waited too long to get one" as I am now in the market to purchase one to use primarily using my phone app and IPAD.

My understanding is if someone is buying a new HC800 or HC250 they are forced to purchase the Home License. Therefore, there would seem to be persons that don't need more than 1 license per household if they have a larger system layout using more than 1 controller who might sell.

On eBay there have been several of these sold for under $500 in the past month.

So you waited to long to get one' date=' and now your hoping that someone will sell an item that they decided to take a chance on and buy extra?

That being said

good luck[/quote']

I don't know that I "waited too long to get one" as I am now in the market to purchase one to use primarily using my phone app and IPAD.

My understanding is if someone is buying a new HC800 or HC250 they are forced to purchase the Home License. Therefore, there would seem to be persons that don't need more than 1 license per household if they have a larger system layout using more than 1 controller who might sell.

On eBay there have been several of these sold for under $500 in the past month.

Unfortunately for you, that's not how it works. The controllers that come with licensing don't come with an assignable license that can then theoretically be assigned to something else, as you suggest.

The license is built in and tied to the controller with which it is purchased.

• 1 month later...

So why exactly did Control4 screw the end user on making the MyHome license bundled? Not everyone keeps up with every move that Control4 is doing (thus missing the "deadline") and some of us (gasp) actually purchased their HC800 prior to the bundled debacle that Control4 has made of packaging the license with the controller.

Essentially Control4 has given the end user a big "screw you, too bad" to some of us users that were unaware of the change in how MyHome licenses would be sold/issued. Nice going, Control4. Great business model.

Archived