C4 Forums | Control4

Channels on a Control4 Amp

beefdiesel

I'm getting ready to build a new house and am planning on using Control4 for automation. I have a question regarding the 4 channel Control4 Amps. Is it possible to send a different signal to the left and right output on a channel? I'm thinking about putting one speaker in two of my bathrooms and was wondering if I could split a channel to get that done. Thanks for the help!

I'm getting ready to build a new house and am planning on using Control4 for automation. I have a question regarding the 4 channel Control4 Amps. Is it possible to send a different signal to the left and right output on a channel? I'm thinking about putting one speaker in two of my bathrooms and was wondering if I could split a channel to get that done. Thanks for the help!

Get a DVC and run both left and right to the single speaker.

Only having one "side" would sound terrible.

Do you want them on separate controlled Zones or can they both be playing the same thing? If the later just run some 8ohm dual voice coil (dvc) speakers in parallel the c4 amp can handle the new 4ohm load that would be created.

Thanks guys. My biggest concern was putting two speakers in such a small space, but a DVC might be the way to go. This is probably a question for my dealer, but what would be the big benefit of having an audio matrix vs just connecting the sources to the amp? My audio inputs would be fairly limited (i.e. Airport Express, maybe a Sonos, and the Cable Box) as I would like to utilize Tunein thru the system. Thanks again!

Thanks guys. My biggest concern was putting two speakers in such a small space, but a DVC might be the way to go. This is probably a question for my dealer, but what would be the big benefit of having an audio matrix vs just connecting the sources to the amp? My audio inputs would be fairly limited (i.e. Airport Express, maybe a Sonos, and the Cable Box) as I would like to utilize Tunein thru the system. Thanks again!

The reason for an audio matrix is if you need to combine multiple amplifiers. Even then, the sources can be split so the true NEED arises when you have more than 8 inputs. If you have 9 or more input and you want them available to every output, you need the matrix.

If you have one amplifier no matrix is required, because the Control4 amps all include a built in matrix.

An audio matrix also allows you some other options, such as using a single channel on an amp to power a single zone (combining stereo feed into a mono feed would be needed or you'll get odd sound). Note that I'm not recommending the practice - just pointing out the possibility.

The current C4 matrix is limited in volume steps, but there are others out there that are not that work well in that situation.

But the main reason for ANY matrix would be if you need more than 8 in/outs, or want to use different (static) amplifiers.

Archived