C4 Forums | Control4

Wired Speakerpoint Connections

The system "thinks" something is playing though - ie a remote or tscreen tells you it's playing a song, allows you to do volume up/down (this would be visible as percentage changes on a tscreen)?

If so, try connecting something (even a phone output - just add a random cd driver to let the system know there's something there) to the stereo in, set to local amp mode (under system design) refresh navs and select that source, making sure something's playing. If that works, there may be a network issue (including a bad network card in the speakerpoint), if it doesn't work it sounds like the amplification in the speaker point is toast.

ok, funny thing, i get home from golfing and tested it...It works great streaming audio now. Not sure what was going on...all i did was turn on Local Amp Mode and retested it. One thing though, I have Sirius streaming throughout the house with a C4 Audio Matrix, will that not stream through the speaker point? All i can do is Rhapsody, TuneIn, and PC. I checked the Navigator displaying tab in Composer and Siruis is not even an option. Any thought there?

The matrix won't stream out any more than that it receives a stream in - to get sources other than what you have on the spekaerpoint you either need to run a stereo pair to it, or feed the source into a controller to digitize - provided you don't mind the delay that will cause (audio sources only - don't try and do video sources).

So i need to send a speaker pair from the matrix speaker point? Doesnt that defeat the purpose of the speaker point? The only reason i have the speaker pont is because the matrix have is full of outputs, so i am using the SP for extra outputs.

I had no idea. Thanks for the information.

Or a direct splice off of a source, or feed the source(s) to controller(s).

To a degree - yes it does defeat it, especially in your case. Speakerpoints were primarily designed to create a way to send integrated audio sources (Rhapsody, TuneIn, stored music and C4 "digitzed" sources) to a remote location using just networking (or WiFi).

i have a direct feed of speaker wire from the matrix to the location of the speaker point. so i wire that to the input of the speaker point?

Or i have from the matrix(output) to the controller(intput) with rca cables?

I do have a matrix. And i do have a speaker wire from the matrix to the location of the speaker point. I just dont have any outputs left on the matrix. That is why i purchased the speaker point

Right now, the wires from the matrix location to the speakerpoint are hooked up the my garage inwall speakers. I am using the garage as an output until i finish my bathroom, then i will switch the wires to my bathroom and i was going to buy another speaker point for the garage. That would give me a total of 10 separate locations for audio. I only have a 8 zone matrix. All of the garage and patio speaker wires terminate at the same place in the garage with the incoming from the matrix also at this location. All of the speaker wires in the house terminate at the matrix which is right next to the controllers in the rack.

Ok we might be having a terminology problem, We consider a matrix to have low lvl inputs (i.e. RCA jacks) and low level outputs, (again rca outputs).

You keep mentioning speaker wire, now normally we connect the speaker wire to the amplifier, after the matrix. So the matrix gets rca inputs from the sources, it then send rca ouputs to the amps. the amps send the amplified signal to the speakers over speaker wire.

So we are confused as to why you have speaker wire going from the matrix to the speaker point.

Lets start here, what type of matrix do you have.

what type of AMP do you have?

How are you connecting speaker wire to your speaker point

Brent

I have the 8 Zone Matrix. I have a Yahama A810 Receiver with built in Sirius. The Matrix is connected to the AMP via RCA cables as well as Satellite 2 to the Matrix and the HC-800 to the matrix.

The speaker wire is not connected to the SP, it is only ran to the location of the SP. The speakers are connected to the Left and Right Speaker lugs on the SP.

The speaker wire is only going to the SP location because i ran it there so the Patio and the Garage would be ran off of the matrix. All 8 of my zones are used up so i got a SP instead of another matrix thinking that might be a better and cheaper solution.

Still some confusion here - there is no 8Zone Control4 Audio Matrix Switch. There is only a 16x16 Control4 Audio Matrix, which I'll assume is waht you have.

What you want to do is run a stereo RCA pair off of that to the speakerpoint RCA audio in. While you could do that over speaker wire using a bunch of tricks, I wouldn't advise it.

What you COULD do is physically move the Speaker Point to where the rest of the equipment is, use the existing speakerwire to connect the speakers to the speaker pint and run a stereo RCA between it and the MATRIX then. If I'm understanding the wiring correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived