C4 Forums | Control4

HD output issue - HC300

Hi...

I have had the HC300 for 2 months now. During the installation, the dealer struggled to get the HD output working thro' the projector. The projector was displaying 'Frequency out of range' on the screen when the Component output of HC-300 was connected directly to component input of PJ. The Analog outputs(Composite/S-Video) works without any issues. Dealer told me that there is some firmware issue(s) with the control4 unit and he may replace it as soon as he gets back. I received an email couple of days later from the dealer indicating that he had spoken to Control4 and the issue is with the AVR device driver binding. When I hooked up the Component output of HC-300 to RadianceXD video processor(component input), there is no output on the screen via PJ. However the S-Video connection to the VP works with me getting the onscreen navigator on my projection screen. Is this normal. Am I missing something. I have the option to check for the input resolutions in both AVR as well as the Video Processor. The input resolutions I get out of HC-300 are random. It varies from 1080i/60 to 1080p/24. I know HC-300 can output 720p/60. Any help would be very much appreciated. I don't know if I should call tech support for this.

the projector has GOT to be an HD projector, the component out of the hc300 is 720p.....Also in composer it needs to be bound to a component HD device....try this..if you have a hd tv in the house, hook the hc to the component inputs of the tv....If it works, it's the projector...I seem to remember them telling us that the component outs of the hc300 are only active when bound to a device, meaning that if the s-video and composite outs are working, then the tech has a wrong setting in composer....just my 2 cents....some of the other dealers may correct me if I'm wrong.

Neil is correct - plus also make sure that the HC-300 is on the latest revision of the software. Somewhere along 1.3.2.298 (maybe earlier) an update was pushed out for these devices, as some projectors had a problem displaying the 720p image correctly - this was resolved with that update (again, it may not have been build .298 - but I'm sure by then it was fixed - today we're up to build 1.3.2.318 - FYI).

I thank both of you for replying. I do have the Component Out connected to Component In on the display. the Sony Projector I have is the latest one (VPL-VW60) and I know it supports 720p. Ironically my dealer is still saying that Control4 is working on a firmware update to fix the component output issue. I'm not sure there is an issue. By the way I do have the latest firmware (1.3.2.318). I hook up the component output from HC300 to the display, make the necessary connections in composer, refresh the setup to ensure my remote is picking up the change before I use it. If I follow the same process with either Composite/S-video( make the physical connection, update the connections in Composer, refresh to ensure remote is picking up the changes), I see an output on the screen though it is lower resolution.

Any help to resolve this would be very much appreciated. I'm afraid I have been asked to wait for a firmware update that is never going to come as there is nothing wrong with HD output (at least on other HC 300s)

• 4 weeks later...
make sure that in "connections" click the room that the projector is in and make sure the "on screen navigatory" is set to the hc300... can you post the project?

Thanks for getting back to me.. How do I post the project. This issue is still not resolved. The dealer told me that whenever Control4 updates the firmware, that is when I'll get the HD output. I can't thank you enough for helping me out.

thanks

Sri

Archived