C4 Forums | Control4

Long macro - any way to verify if it is running or interrupt it?

turls

I'm having issues with 2-3 hour sprinkler macros that seem to be failing on variable checks, but I haven't been able to figure out the pattern yet.

It would make it much easier if I could see if a macro is still in progress or not, or even better interrupt a running macro.

Is there any way to do this, or are you stuck with a macro until it finishes unless you reboot the system?

There's no way to 'externally' stop a macro once in progress.

There's also no way to know if it's still running.

A workaround is that you *could* create a variable that gets set to 'start' at the start of the macro, and before executing any line, check the variable, and if it's changed to 'stop', stop execution.

You could also set it to 'stop' at the end of the macro, and can use it to tell if the macro is still executing.

Pretty hacky, but it'd do what you're asking about, although with a *lot* of work (i.e. one check per line).

RyanE

Not to hard to figure-out what STOP does. And, I do not think it is a "hack" to set a VAR to indicate which part of the script is active. This is what I'd do short of interrogating any timers used in the script/

Archived