C4 Forums | Control4

Axis camera problem

Wondering if someone can help with this? I added 2 Axis 2100 cameras to my project and they work perfect on all of my mobile navigators. The problem is they don't display on any of my hard wired 7" navigators or any of the on screen GUI's. The show as being available but only display a blank screen.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

On a side note I have 4 other panasonic cameras in my system and these all work perfect. The Axis cameras are set up the same way as the Panasonic ones.

Not many other choices left then. You hit the test button and the image comes back OK, cam res is compatible, you can see the image when you click the thumb...

Thumb res is different then view res. Something less than 320x240. BTW, a refresh through CHE of the TSs may not hit the problem. Try a re-acquire of the network address.

Ok just ran home and test results are as follows.

Using CPro, when I click on test HTTP in the camera I do not get a green success light. The ip address and the username and password are correct. There is a check mark beside HTTP authentication.

If I go to my web browser (safari) and type in the ip address, a username and password window opens, I enter the info and the camera displays. So I know the ip address and log in info is correct.

I also checked the resolution under camera settings and it is small enough.

I refreshed navigators and I even removed the drivers and re-added and they still don't display. They show up on the navigators but just black screen.

But again they work perfect on all my iPads and iPhone through the Control4 navigator.

So, browser-view:OK. Which one of the three TS views are working?

Yes browser view works perfect. None of the touch screen views work (for the Axis cameras). They only work on my mobile navigators.

The axis cameras shows up under my list of cameras but when I click on the thumbnail it's just a black screen.

"Retrying test...(Try 2)" is what it says.

Only other thing I can think of is my Axis cameras have a fairly low ip address, 10.0.1.97 for example but my Panasonic cameras (which all work just fine with C4) have a fairly high ip address, 10.0.1.248 for example.

Would the lower ip address have anything to do with it?

Anything else come to mind?

What IPs have been issued (or you assigned) to the Pany cams? And, how many devices in your network are capable of DHCP serve? Are you using the correct driver for that 2100 or one that seems to work?

My Panasonic cameras use 10.0.1.247, 10.0.1.248, 10.0.1.249 & 10.0.1.250.

I not 100% sure on your second question. I have 3 apple airport extreme routers that make up my wireless network and 2 - 24 port switches for hard wired equipment. 1 router is my main and 2 are bridged.

I am using the Axis 2100 driver found in CPro.

Does this help?

Trust me, no expert on this junk. I will go ahead and assume the bridged units are not DHCPing along with your "main". Also, why not group the Axis units in with others on .245 and .246? All I can do is guess at this point but if you are VLANing, this could be a hunch. The computer used to hit the cam directly is on what IP address?

Archived