C4 Forums | Control4

APPLE TV , VUDU and Control4

pbels

I am upgrading my system and want to integrate both Apple TV and Vudu into my system

Vudu for video storage (i had Wal Mart put my movies in cloud)

Apple TV for misc media and mirroring of IPAD on TV screen

Recommendations please!

Thank you

Peter

Sorry to not be clear but I was asking if it is possible to add Apple TV to the A/V rack if I have component audio from TV and HDMI form receiver

Also

Is there an App for VUDU so that I can access movies stored there?

Thank you

not sure what you mean by component audio from your tv, unless you mean simple analog two channel audio. If you have HDMI from your receiver to your TV then you would just hook the ATV and the Roku up to the receiver. The Roku is where you would gain access to Vudu.

Either way, yes an ATV and a Ruku can be installed in a rack and remotely controlled.

Thank you

assuming my Audio and video is hooked up properly, is there an Apple TV and ROku driver I can have my dealer access

He made it seem as though controlling the Apple TV because I am using component Audio and Video would be difficult

Peter

Apple TV, and Roku for that matter currently only have units that have HDMI out, component is disappearing.

Controlling the units isn't any issue - there's several good, free IR versions for AppleTV V3, and there's IP drivers for V1 and V2 (EV and Diamond Design respectively) and there's two excellent Roku IP drivers from EV and Diamond Design.

The problem is integrating units that do not have component video and stereo audio on them, which means you need some form of added device to convert them - and that can be as or more costly then the devices themselves are.

Archived