C4 Forums | Control4

Kwikset Autolock

cashmoney

The built in auto lock function while nice has some issues, at least in my eyes. It would far improved with the added ability to include scheduling of this feature. That is I'd like to have it scheduled to maybe auto-lock after an hour or more during the day if at all and at night have it auto lock after 10 min.

I've only looked at it briefly so far, been a busy summer, but didn't look like there were good options to custom program this. Am I wrong on this, does anyone do something different. Interested in hearing how others are programming and using their locks.

Thanks Cyknight... Have a question also, if you or someone else wouldn't mind answering.

If I use the relay driver and do:

When the [door] is unlocked
? if time is between 07:00 AM and 09:59 pm
-> Change [relock] interval to 01:00:00
-> Start Timer [relock]
? if time is between 10:00 pm and 05:59 am
-> Start Timer [relock]

When Timer [relock] expires
-> Lock the Door

Will this work and does changing the interval permanently change it or only for that cycle?

The interval change is permanent. As such you would need to add the change under the second time-frame as well.

To make it work "best" I would use an actual scheduled event from the agent instead of this set-up (easier to change too) then this set-up, but it would work.

Also, while the relay would work, I prefer doing this directly on the Zigbee lock driver - "go straight to the source philosophy"

Should add - on the schedule event I change the intervals AND restart the timer, or this gets messed up (ie running for an hour, is as 45 minutes then gets set to 10 minutes - will never end of timer).

I've never tested that theory by the way but rather safe then sorry.

Note: changed my programming post - one should use RESET timer, not START timer - and if you use reset in your set-up you don't need to worry about the potential issue above either.

Ok...

Created two "Scheduler" Agents titled [Door lock night] & [Door lock day]

@ 6:30am
When Scheduled event 'Door Lock Day' executes
-> Change 'relock FD' interval to 01:00:00
-> Change 'relock GD' interval to 02:00:00

@ 10:00pm
When Scheduled event 'Door lock night' executes
-> Change 'relock FD' interval to 00:10:00
-> Change 'relock GD' interval to 00:15:00

Then under my Kiwkset FD and GD locks:

Lock was unlocked
-> Reset Timer 'relock [FD/GD]'

Then under Timer and both FD/GD events:

When Timer 'relock [FD/GD] expires
-> Lock the Entry>Kwikset [FD/GD]

I think that's everything thats been discussed... Any other logic or functions folks are using with their locks?

I can add a few ideas:

I also use the specific unlock manually variable:

When lock was unlocked using knob (which is also the key)

IF time is between 10:30PM and 5:30AM

start manual alarm timer

When manual alarm state expires

IF manual alarm override is false

set security system alarm state to true

With a button to set that override, button also stop the timer should it have triggered on a triple tap, the last is also achieved with a triple tap on a button normally doing a light at each door.

Incorrect code lock-out starts a variable addition that after 3 times is reached starts the same manual alarm timer.

The usual emails on battery low and battery unable to open lock.

I have a 30 minute repeating timer running at all times that does check across my house -

One of them is:

IF open door override is false

IF door is locked

IF door is open (sensor)

send email that door is open

toggle chandelier

toggle backyard light

delay 1 second

toggle chandelier

toggle backyard light

[repeat 6 times - actually this is in a macro that I trigger instead]

If any of my fire alarms sense fire I open all locks and delay 30 seconds then stop the lock timers to clear immediate exit through those door if required - without touching a potentially hot metal surface.

Thanks. I like the programming ideas.

I have the timer triggered to start on the door closing and stop if the door is opened so it will restart if it is reopened and closed. Also two timers one for day one for night with different delays using if day or night to pick which starts.

I have also found it useful to have an if statement to check the door sensor from the Alarm to see if it is closed when it is time to lock the door. This keeps the lock from activating/closing the deadbolt when the door is ajar (drives me crazy for some reason.) For the levers it doesn't matter.

When the timer expires:

If the MR door is closed

Lock the MR door

Archived