C4 Forums | Control4

New to Composer HE - having trouble using lighting scenes (Newbie)

sdmat

My dealer (AVIT) did a nice install of my C4 home theater, whole house audio and about 65 dimmers and keypads for lighting. Most things work well. Now I'm using composer HE to refine the lighting. When I'm in program mode and create a script for a button, I don't see a way to drag in the command to trigger a scene.

Trying for:

Keypad button pressed

Turn on light 1

Start projector

30 sec timer

Turn off light 1

Activate lighting scene "movie"

The advanced lighting scene has been created. Just can't find it in program mode.

Thanks,

Scott

Got just about that far. Only there is no arrow. How do I get the scene to appear with the arrow? That is where I'm lost.

In the bottom right pane there are some choices, and one of them is Advanced Lighting. When I click on it that no actions come up. Also the scene says "Movie length" instead of "Movie".

Thanks for helping.

Scott

Room off I assume still triggers a scene to turn lights off then?

Note that you can actually select that scene to BE the toggle.

How did you assign the scene to the keypad?

If programming and it's "activate scene" - it would work only once as the scene is always active from that point - BECAUSE there is no tracking to tell when the scene is NOT active (ie when you use some other way to turn off the lights.

In that case you may want to select "any load" and set the tracking on one or two key lights to on (key lights that are always on or rarely on depending on if you want the scene to trigger only if no lights are on or almost always).

Archived