C4 Forums | Control4

WTB 16-channel v2/v3 amp

MarkD

Have one dead v2 amp. Want one healthy v2 or v3 amp! Must *work* perfectly.

IMPORTANT NOTE: my system is still on 1.7.4.36 -- and I prefer not to downgrade via USB. If *you* can perform and confirm that a downgrade has been successful then I'm okay with that. =)

Unit for sale in Canada preferred (greater Toronto area is best!), will provide import documents and UPS shipping label (prefilled / prepaid) if I need to bring one from the USA, or I can provide a shipping address in Long Island if absolutely necessary.

IMPORTANT NOTE: my system is still on 1.7.4.36 -- and I prefer not to downgrade via USB. If *you* can perform and confirm that a downgrade has been successful then I'm okay with that. =)

Just to clarify, aren't amps IP based control not zigbee? Therefore upgrade or downgrade of radio or system versions does not apply? Maybe the dealers can clarify

Actually up until 1.7.4 amps, matrix switches and tuners could be controlled via ZigBee instead of network if desired.

Newer version firmware should not be an issue - it's a subject that pops up quite often actually and the general answer is - it should be fine, but nothing can guarantee it. So go with that. I haven't done any recently but can tell you that I've put amps on 2.x equivalent firmware on 1.7.4 systems. The one exception being that it will NOT communicate over ZigBee anymore.

No you cannot downgrade the firmware on these units.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived