C4 Forums | Control4

Changes won't stay

kajphotos

I'm pretty new to control 4 so bare with me

I'm running Composer HE 2.5.0 and I tried to change a few things like the email subject and the LED coloers witch change when I'm in cHE but soon as I log out and turn off the switch the color goes back to default . Am I suppose to do anything to make my changes stick ! HELP !! Oh my director is also on 2.5.0

Thanks for your response

My dealer had set up 3 email notifications witch works fine 1= unlock door 2 =locked 3= garage door batt low

He set them up very plain like in the subject lines it just says ( no subject ) so I opened up cHe [ agents >email notifications> I then change the subject and then change the body of the email to have it say more and look nicer like a real email lol ... I then select save . It says (your email templet has been save and can now be used for programming) but the email still gets sent with the default msg that my dealer set .. And the same for the Light switch led colors I changed a few of them and they did change to the color I wanted but once i turn the switch on & off it goes back to default it's like nothing I do it being saved ..

You need to tell it to send the message that you created.

And regarding the LED's, you need to change the default colors. Otherwise, whenever there is a status change, they will change back to the default colors.

I can't go in to more detail now (about to hop in to a meeting) but someone here should be able to elaborate.

Email template is just that, it's a predefined template and nothing more - changing it won't change the email programmed to send.

In programming, under the event that causes the email to be sent, you'll have to delete the old one and add a new one using the edited template.

For colors, yes be sure to change the default colors for permanent change (for a switch/dimmer it would be the on/off colors for each led), not the current color - I'm not too familiar with HE so can't say more on how at this point (it's different in Pro).

Archived