C4 Forums | Control4

How to turn off TV when OSD not in use ?

blub

Hi!

I want to automatically turn off my TV after X minutes when the OSD hasn't been in use.

For example:

Start music session via OSD -> no user inpt for 5 Minutes -> turn TV off

Obvious would be using a timer. Bu I have not found a way to trigger the start of timer correctly.

The variable "room in_navigation" isn't helpful because it tracks if the OSD is actually "on" and not if someone is browsing using the remote.

Anyone an idea how to do this?

One variable [OSD] boolean

One timer [OSD timeout] x seconds

When video selection changes in [room]

IF current selected device IS [controller doing your on-screen]

--set variable [OSD] to true

IF current selected device IS NOT [controller doing your on-screen]

--set variable [OSD] to false

When audio selection changes in [room]

IF variable [OSD] is true

--reset timer [OSD timeout]

When timer [OSD timeout] expires

--Turn of [room TV] >> make sure here you use the built-in option to turn the TV off, do NOT use "send command" option or system won't track the state of the TV

That should do it.

Hi!

Thx I did try your suggestion.

However always when digital music starts to play the "current selected Video device is no longer [controller doing your on-screen]" and the variable OSD is set to "false" -> timer will not start.

However I did get it to work with this

Unbenannt.jpg

This does successfully turn of the TV. However it will only turn on when I press the "4" Button, would be way cooler if it would wake up by pressing any key despite media control keys (play pause etc...) - I know that could be done by:

room->If button xyz is pressed-> if OSD is true-> if current audio device is digital media -> if TV is off -> turn on TV

However I will try to find a more elegant way.

A different approach I thought off was tracking the screensaver. Whenever it will turn on and "current audio is digital media" -> start time OSD.

However I was unable to track the status off the screensaver.

Archived