C4 Forums | Control4

HD TV

msislian

Hi, am trying to cut costs on cable tv so i have decided install a outdoor antenna in order to get locals channels but I can’t figure out how to program this in to composer because my TV has a built in HD tuner and am planning to run the coax from my antenna straight to my TV,any suggestions on how to approach this?

Hi, am trying to cut costs on cable tv so i have decided install a outdoor antenna in order to get locals channels but I can’t figure out how to program this in to composer because my TV has a built in HD tuner and am planning to run the coax from my antenna straight to my TV,any suggestions on how to approach this?

Composer Pro is required to make this change.

Indeed, you have a new 'source' in your system, hence the need for Composer Pro to bind that source to destinations.

I have composer pro but the issue is am trying to use my HD tuner that is built in to my TV with a over the air antenna, how would I set this up in composer pro. Right now I can go to list on my remote and after going through the menu structure I can get my TV to kick on but I would like to set it up like my dvd player so that when I press "Watch TV" I have a option to selected my antenna as a source.

Sorry am still confused, am using the built in tuner on my TV so what would the connection be?

While the TV Tuner and the TV Screen may be in the same physical box, to C4 they are two separate devices.  One is a source one is an endpoint.

As you previously only using the TV as an endpoint you need to connect the TV Tuner to the endpoint TV Screen in Compose, just like you previously had the Cable box Source to TV endpoint (something you will want to remove or hide).

Then refresh Navs and you will see what you are looking for.

You can tell it what channels it will pick up then C4 will have an EPG running for you.

While the TV Tuner and the TV Screen may be in the same physical box, to C4 they are two separate devices.  One is a source one is an endpoint.

As you previously only using the TV as an endpoint you need to connect the TV Tuner to the endpoint TV Screen in Compose, just like you previously had the Cable box Source to TV endpoint (something you will want to remove or hide).

Then refresh Navs and you will see what you are looking for.

You can tell it what channels it will pick up then C4 will have an EPG running for you.

Attached is a print screen of my setup but when a selected my tv I don't see it as a destions output.

post-134366-0-59423900-1385065910_thumb.

But you see Living > Video End Point .

I'm guessing Input 4 was your cable box going to an AVR going to the Living Video End point and now you are looking to have the Cable TV Cable 'Connected To'

I drew a diagram but can't figure out how to attach it.

But you see Living > Video End Point .

I'm guessing Input 4 was your cable box going to an AVR going to the Living Video End point and now you are looking to have the Cable TV Cable 'Connected To'

I drew a diagram but can't figure out how to attach it.

Yes am trying to bypass my AVR and run my antenna feed straight to my TV tuner . You can attach docs my clicking on "More Reply Options".

Archived