C4 Forums | Control4

Samsung Galaxy Tablet 2/7.0 loads project but shows partial rooms

I have two Samsung Galaxy 2/7.0 tablets using myHome but it shows only 5 of my 20 or so rooms. When I sync I see all of the rooms updating but only the 5 show up. I do have some quick tabs programmed to change volumes, lights, input sources in the rooms that aren't showing up, and I can access the quick tabs on the tablet and they work, but I can't actually go into the rooms (the rooms are not on the list). I've updated to the latest available OS for the tablets (4.2.2) and I've installed the latest myHome app from Google Play. I've syncd, uninstalled, reinstalled, I've added a memory card to the tablet.. you name it. There's 4GB device memory available and almost 4GB storage available on the tablet. I have an iPhone, iPad and the wifi pad and they all connect and show the rooms without a problem. I have an (unlimited) site myHome license. customer.control4.com/devices shows my pads connected. Any advice or workaround you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

No.. the rooms are all patios actually.. Some are upstairs and some are downstairs. The only thing in common is they have speakers but don't have TVs.

This has to be an issue with the way the tablet/android app reads the project code. I have other devices that read all the rooms.

I think I will look at the backup of my project to see where the rooms are listed in the coding. Maybe that will help figure out what's going on. Stay tuned.

Hmmm... page one of the DOC00003_RevB_C4MyHome_SetupGuide_Dealers.pdf setup guide says :

Supported Apps

Control4® MyHome-PC/Tablet
• Control4 MyHome app for Windows and Mac
PC and Tablet (Control4 OS 2.0.1 or later and

Adobe Flash)

Guess I need to update my Control 4 OS before this is going to work.

I'm not sure that statement is even correct with the introduction of app version 2.(something). Prior to the ability to add devices by users, one needed a driver to identify each device, limiting you to iPad and iPhone only prior to 2.x - as the system HAD no drivers for the other devices, but this probably no longer is true. Then again I've not had a chance to test this 'theory' - so I wouldn't discard the possibility.

Archived