C4 Forums | Control4

Email notification

So got a probelm....

I am no longer receiving email or txt notification for alarm activities.

1. I have checked the programing and successfully sent and received test messages & txts.
2. I have checked the IO extender
3. Unplugged the IO extender and try another port for the rs232 connection (and reprogrammed for the new connection port, number)
4. I checked the DSC IT-100 security system communication board, it communicating correctly…. but I don't know if it is testing the rs232 communication to c4.

*** things that have recently changed

1. A new DSL modem was installed (dead one was sent back) not able to do a "roll-back" test. :(

2. I had my rack, re-racked and cleaned up. Maybe a connection was missed or correctly done.... whick one? IO device to hub?

I keeping thinking it has to be something between c4 and the new dsl modem….

Any thoughts?

If test messages work, clearly that isn't the problem.

Add a line of code to the programming to do something simple like turn a light on or off... and see if the programming is executing at all.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

ilovec4

add the code to the existing email notification code? other general programming is working fine. and i must say, if i need to add code to the "existing" i don's want to screw up anything (i'm the end user) not the installer.

ilovec4

add the code to the existing email notification code? other general programming is working fine. and i must say, if i need to add code to the "existing" i don's want to screw up anything (i'm the end user) not the installer.

Add the code to the existing programming trigger that sends the notification. The point is to see if that trigger is actually happening. 

Archived