C4 Forums | Control4

Zigbee Migration

Here is an interesting question. I have someone with a 1000 and it is flaky. I know many of you know much more than i do so i am looking for simple migration procedure to make the most of my time.I know you can migrate zigbee if you are on os 2.5 but here is the difficult part.

He has an HC-1000, Main controller - ZAP Server

He has two HC-300b's with one being the ZAP Coordinator

He has eight HC-200's

All running 2.2.x

The issue is we are swapping the 1000 for an 800. With that being the zigbee server what order would you use to swap to the 800 efficiently? Upgrade 1000, backup, send project to 800, plug into network and upgrade other controllers and then zigbee?

Once your on 2.5 with the 1000 you just stop zigbee server, and start it on 800 and then go right? Both controllers on network at same time? One at a time? Want to make sure (if I can) I dont have to leave mesh and rejoin with all zigbee devices. Oh and that's because there are 101 V2 switches/dimmers, 58 Keypads V2, something like 15 remotes, 5 thermos and so on......

Anyone have the best process without recommending that someone else do it??!!??

Thanks in advance.

A

Edit-fixed my grammar error.

ZigBee server has ALWAYS been exchangeable w/o issue, what you're looking for is the ZAPCo switch.

Personal easiest in you sistuation if licensing etc allows is to just add the 800 to the system, update it all, move over zserver and zapco. Once done, back-up, clear and load project on 800, remove 1000, re-register and off you go.

Archived