C4 Forums | Control4

Kwikset Lock Question

ILoveC4

Has anyone thrown a zigbee card in the Kwikset that is just the handleset, and not the deadbolt?

I'm looking to add a few of these in these house.  http://www.amazon.com/Kwikset-SmartCode-Electronic-Deadbolt-featuring/dp/B007WOFIJK/ref=pd_sim_hi_3

I'm guessing the zigbee card will slide right in and it will work like a champ.  Has anyone here tried it?

I had a similar idea. When on the line with a kwikset rep for a different issue and asked the same issue. He said it should work but they did not recommend it die to power differences by radios. I was confused since they both operate off 4AA batteries. I'm not sure how true it is but I wanted to provide the detail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you get the zigbee cards? On the locks, did you buy any specific lock? I was looking at ones someone had that they advertised to take a wave card and that is what sparked my interest.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi mcook,

The 911 handsets work fine - I've used several...as far as I can tell any of the smartcode with home connect capability will work - though I see there is an enhanced version out now with a new keypad layout and additional user codes.  I don't know if that one works or not.  The 911 models certainly do.

As for the zigbee cards - looks like you might be taken care of.  This is primarily only one option for those that don't have some distributor or industry contacts, and that's through a certain online auction site. 

Archived