C4 Forums | Control4

Thermostat linking

poisenoire

Greetings,

Didn't find anything in the search, so that likely tells me this isn't possible but I will give it a shot.

Is there a way via dealer or composer HE to link two thermostats?  We have two units (upstairs and downstairs), which are separate but always control as one.  I'm tired of going up and down stairs to change the hold temp constantly, otherwise we get in a push / pull issue if one is set drastically different than the other.

This hasn't been an issue for several years, but now with the kids and wife mostly home all the time it's starting to be a daily occurrence.

Ideally I'd like them both to track each other, so if one Tstat is changed the other will change accordingly.  Can this be done programmatically?  I can't figure out how to do it other than making one the primary and have the secondary track it.

Looks like there is an EV driver that can create a 'master' virtual tstat.  Any feedback on it?  I haven't seen much mention of it and the EV site doesn't go into much detail.

Thanks

Thanks

I'll be honest I haven't spent much time on it yet.  I was not sure how to avoid 'fighting' variables, such as one moment somebody changes the downstairs TSTAT and the upstairs needs to track - then everybody is upstairs and changes that one we need the bottom one to track.

Yes - I know schedules and such are the way to go but I'll never hear the end of 'I'm hot, I'm cold..." if I don't allow for this extreme use of constant hold temps.  We have a visitor staying with us from out of country to undergo Chemo - and honestly she can need it 80 one minute and 60 the next.

Archived