C4 Forums | Control4

Power State Change

cdepaola

So here is the scenario:

Walk into a room, double tap a keypad to turn the room on bringing down the screen, turning on the PJ and selecting the computer as the source.

I also want to send a Wake on LAN command but don't want it to fire every time a source is changed. I originally placed the programming under:

When power State Changes

If power state = false

Send WOL

However the room turning on happens first then this fires, or doesn't fire as the room is already on.

So I then moved it to my macro that fires when the video source changes again with a power state conditional of false. This has the same issue.

Basically I only want to send a WOL command when the room goes from off to on, not every time we change sources.

Where is the best place to catch this or is there a better way to accomplish this? Sometimes I find myself wanting more programming option like now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does it matter if you send WOL all the time, if it's already awake you won't wake it up even more.

That's true too. I figured it was causing you problems of some sort sending it all the time.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

Use a variable. If the variable is true, fire WOL. Have the variant switch 5 seconds after the room turns on.

Does that make sense?

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

Yeah makes sense... Set a variable when the room turns off and don't change it's state to on until after the WOL command is sent.

Seems like catching a room turning on and off should be built in. Not just "when power state changes" but "when power state changes to true/false"

But this works as well.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived