C4 Forums | Control4

Radio turns on in wrong room - help please

Hi all, just after some help figuring out where my problem lies.

I have an HK receiver which runs one zone to the lounge, the other to the patio.

If I turn on the radio in the lounge, the receiver is turning on the patio(zone 2) radio.

everything else in the lounge works fine.

everything else in the patio works fine.

I have power cycled the reciever, but nothing changed.

It seems like the HC800 is now sending a different IR signal to the one it used to, but why would that ever change?

I even loaded a project that was created day one and known to work, to see what would happen, but it still turned on the patio radio.

Any ideas why or hos this can happen?

Any ideas on fixing? - I might have to get the driver edited??

Cheers.

If the project hasn't changed, I would guess some configuration in the receiver has changed.  Maybe it needed specific Zone 2 settings, which have been reverted to 'factory default' or something along those lines.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about zone 2, or that receiver specifically.

RyanE

• 2 weeks later...

The reciever is a Harmon Kardon AVR255, I control it with IR

When I use the AVR's own remote everything works fine. I can turn on and off Zone 1 and 2 radio as I please.

For some reason C4 turns on zone 2 radio when I want zone 1 radio.

To my thinking, this means the IR code C4 is sending is not the same code the AVR's own remote sends.

Therefore something has changed in the driver.

Is my way of thinking correct or am I missing something.

If I am to edit the driver, I need to know which code or macro the HC800 sends when I choose 'Radio'

There is nothing obvious in the list of codes, can anyone help?

-I can see the macros used for selecting a preset station, but can't find the code that would be used to set 'input' to radio/tuner.

Is there something special about 'radio' because it is not actually an input??

I'm not sure if you are joking or not, but swapping the speakers will do nothing but more mess.

I then will get two of my 5 lounge speakers playing music destined for the patio, at the same time the lounge will have surround sound while the front speakers play outside.....

It is a simple case of the lounge radio selects the patio radio (zone 2 instead of zone 1).

I just need to know what the name of the code is in the driver that turns on the radio, so I can edit the IR code.

When I Iook at the list of codes, I can't find one that is obviously the radio.

all the other inputs have are obvious such as: 'select AUX as input' or 'select DVD as input'

There is no code that says 'select radio as input'

??

Stuck!

Archived