C4 Forums | Control4

Hear source via "Listen" option, cannot hear via "Favorites" list

DTxAg

I've got various sources from my family room entertainment system hooked into an audio matrix switch and then into an amplifier. I was hoping someone could help with an issue I'm having getting the "Favorites" list on my touchpanels set up.

If I select "Listen" on the touchpanel and then select the "Tivo" source, for example, I can hear the Tivo and listen to it in the kitchen.  If I add the Tivo to my favorites list and then try to access the Tivo source directly from my favorites list, I'll see the Tivo controls on the touchpanel but not hear anything.

I think the audio matrix switch is not connecting the Tivo source to the amplifier. Is that (a) normal and (B) something that can be fixed via Composer HE or by my dealer?

The favorites list does not select the source, it just goes to the page. So yes it's normal.

You can make it do so however, and no dealer required (well other than me telling you how maybe ;) ).

1-You will have to create a new Macro under Agents in Composer, if macros do not show in the list, you should be able to add them from the same page. Just create for now and refresh navigators from the "file" option.

2-Then you'll need to create a NEW favorite - but now press "advanced" and you'll see an "action" drop-down - that drop-down should now show the macro you created, select it and save.

3-Now using composer add the programming you want to the macro (under "programming" tab - scroll down and you should see macros to select with a drop-down) - in this case "select audio source TiVo in kitchen"

Archived