C4 Forums | Control4

Six Button Not Joining Mesh After Being Disconnected

I have a six button in a nightstand mount next to the bed. The wife decided to unplug it to plug something else in. Now I can't get it to rejoin the mesh. I think I have tried all the button pushes (15, 9-9-9, 13-4-13). I disconnected it and tried to reidentify it but that didn't work. All six buttons are green and when I try to identify it they blink red then turn back to solid green. I have tried identifying on all channels. I did get it to join on channel 11 once but it fell off after unplugging it to move back into the bedroom. Normally everything gets found on channel 14. When it was connected it was showing it was on the same firmware as everything else. Everything is zigbee pro. Are there any button presses I missed? What else can I try?

Sounds like you've done what you can. Changing channels makes little difference unless these are older units from before ZigBee Pro - in that case the ower channels sometimes need to be used for the initial connection.

However, what are you doing before pressing 4 times to re-id? Because either an identify window in ComposerPro needs to be open to make the connection, or if the unit is indeed identified in already, the mesh needs to be set to allow joining from network tools (not sure if that is in ComposerHE?).

If not, it may seem to link up on occasion - but it will be temporary as the mesh will kick it out after a few minutes (it also wouldn't actually be working during that brief connection).

Beyond that, it's also possible there's a dead-spot in the mesh for the bedroom - are there any other devices in there?

Identify window is open. Since it is in a table top mount I move it near the controller while trying to get it to work. There is a dimmer and a second table top six button in the room. So I'm sure the mesh is strong enough. Also it worked great for months. Your right that when I did get it to join the mesh non-of the programming worked. The only time I got it to join was after disconnecting the power from the controller and letting everything rejoin. Then I did 13-4-13 and it joined on channel 11. Everything else joined on 14. These are older devices. Is there anything else I can do or try? How about holding some button sequence when pluging it back into the wall?

Archived