C4 Forums | Control4

Video end points

wcubed

I am new to the forum, but have been using C4 hardware for nearly two years. I've been using Composer HE for several months and have a pretty firm handle on various programming functions. The question I have is this:

Is it possible to add a video end point to an existing video source in HE? Or will I need to call my dealer to update my system?

Specifically, I've added a matrix switch to my system and would like to view the video output from the Sony 777 in rooms other than the theater and control the playback, etc., from the room I'm viewing in. Now I manually select the source and set my C4 remote to the room with the 777 for control, but have to switch back and forth for volume, etc.

Any help?

How are you able to add a matrix switch using ComposerHE, or do you mean you added it physically, and need to add it in the software?

I think ComposerHE does not let you change the bindings, it's one of the steps for adding devices.

RyanE

I stand corrected. I added a distribution amp, not a matrix switch, and just physically installed; no control. I'm merely feeding the video to three sources.

I'm just looking to be able to select and control the source from each of the rooms.

It sounds like I need to call my dealer to add a video end point for the device.

That brings up another issue.

The last few times we've tried, by dealer has been unable to connect. I can connect through my.control4.com and he can connect to other customers' systems, so all seems to be working on both ends. Except that it isn't. Any suggestions?

Archived