C4 Forums | Control4

Marantz sr series power commands

Hey guys! Been lurking a while, and appreciate the help you all have offered (without even knowing you did so!). But now, I've got a question that I can't find an answer to.

I've been having issues with Marantz sr series receivers. 500x & 700x. Basically, I've stopped using IP control because a few clients have small brown/black outs and for some reason it always knocks IP control out; unable to get it back up and running (reboot, turning IP off, then on again, etc) in most cases.

So, I've switched over to IR on most of the service calls I've been out on. Issue is: When turning the 'room' on, the Marantz will power on, change to the correct input, then turn right back off. Same thing happens when you turn the 'room' off. Marantz turns off, then comes right back on. I've adjusted the IR repeat count, but nothing helps. I've relearned the codes, to no avail. The only work around that I've found is to add commands at the end of the macro to delay 3 seconds, then turn receiver ON/OFF (depending on what's being done).

Any help would be greatly useful! Thanks in advance.

Sorry, don't know a thing about Marantz problem but I feel your pain with IP control- sucks on my Denons as well.  Every single time the power goes down or the 800 is rebooted, I go through the same song&dance R&Ring the Ethernet on all of the Denons.  C4 outlet switches don't like power interruptions either.

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't had the power issue with the outlet switches yet. Granted, I think I've only installed a couple in the last 4-5 months.

Yeah.. IP control seems sketchy at best. Does anyone reading this have experience with IP controlled power conditioners/surge protectors? As I understand it, they allow your system to retain IP addresses in the event of brown/blackouts. I've been thinking of getting our sales people to include these on every job instead of standard rack surges, if they indeed help maintain IPs, etc.

Denons here are on static and that won't change unless DHCP is selected.  On the C4 side, unless someone goes through the motions of CONNECTIONS>NETWORK and changes the IP of the AVR, that ain't gonna change either.  Somehow, I don't think you are trying to make a connection between your two posts but I hardly believe that the issue is fully on IP address dynamics.  Like I said, I have the control problem as do your customers.  So far, no luck at getting to the bottom of it.

^So your saying that despite static at the AVR, it's still nec. to reserve at the router?

In my setup I don't have static at the AVR. I just have the AVR setup as DHCP and then use MAC reservations. Just saying what works for me.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

^Yeah, and it could work for me as well. Thanks for sharing that setup!

Hopefully it saves you some headache. Like I said... Mine are completely problem free.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

Archived