C4 Forums | Control4

Problems Changing Video Source From Control4

Im New At C4, How Can I Make This Work: I Have Only Digital Audio Source (working Fine), Tv And Dvd. Dvd Is Connected On The Tv's Source Av2, And Control4 Is Connected On Source Av1. My Need Is Very Simple, When I Click "dvd" On The C4 Remotes, I Want The Tv To Change To Av2 (where The Dvd Is Sending The Signal) And Then If I Click The Big Red 4 Button From The Remote, I Want The C4 To Return To Its Main Screen On The Av1.

Help Help.

Hi, thanks,

i changed things a little bit, i added a receiver but you can leave it out if you want, i can take your solution and probably learn from there. right now

the tv receives audio and video from C4 on AV1 (Video Out and Audio Out 1 from c4 on AV1),

the tv receives audio and video from DVD on AV2 (DVD Audio and Video out to TV AV2, and also dvds optical out to receivers cd/dvd)

right now i get the audio from the network without any problems, only the same issue that the tv wont change to AV2 when i click on dvd.

probably the problem is that my tv's input is not discrete.

do you think another option could be to instead of choosing the tv to receive the input signal from C4 and dvd, have the receiver get every signal and distribute it through its own inputs and then send only one signal to AV1 on the TV?

im sorry ,probably im complicating everything on the msg.

anyway here is my file.

thanks a lot.

Hi thanks for the help Neil and Lippavisual, actually i did it myself, i followed your instructions and now im trying to do everything through the receiver.

now, the C4 and the dvd connects to the receiver as following: c4 send audio and video to receiver on VIDEO1, dvd connects to the receiver through optical and RCA on the receiver's CD/DVD input. I added the Tuner from the receiver which is on the input TUNER, added Network music which connects on audio VIDEO1, also i included a very simple model of Sirius XM tuner, but since i have no control on it, i just put it on the AUX input on the receiver., included some fm stations and UHF channels. anyway, so now the receiver gets all and just sends video out to the TV which gets it on AV1.

now, my problem is that yesterday i tried to do some programming, since i have no idea how to, i just kept messing everything up, as of right now for some reason my remote, whenever i click the "4" button, sends a command to the TV to change Input and cant erase it. i havent been able to power on/off any of my devices (receiver, dvd, tv) and cant put a command that says whenever i choose the Radio, change the receivers input to TUNER, when i choose Network music, to change the receiver to VIDEO1, when i choose DVD to change the receiver to CD/DVD and if i click the red button on the remote, to stop changing the tv's input.

thanks for the help here is the update on my file following your instructions.

can you help me check the programming?

the reason you cannot turn anything off is because when you right click your receiver or tv and go to "edit driver", you'll notice that the power management is set to "assume always on"...so it's doing exactly what it says, it is staying on..I dont see any discretes on/off in the driver, so change the receiver to "use toggle codes".....same with the TV...what model are the TV and the Reciever??? and why do have opitcal audio and analog audio from the dvd player going to the reciever??? For simplicity, just use one. and as far as the "4" Button changing inputs, perhaprs the TV does not have discrete inputs, I have enclosed a programming example in case it does....Post the model numbers of the reciever and tv...can help more with those

Hi Thanks, for the help.

so far i have been able to turn the tv and receiver on and off. so thats fixed.

im leaving the audio out from the dvd to the receiver only the optical.

the receivers model is vr-716 kenwood (http://www.epinions.com/pr-Kenwood_VR-716_6_1_THX_EX_DTS_ES_Channel_Home_Audio_Receiver).

one funny thing i saw is that when i programmed the receiver's driver, all the codes work, the aux, video1, video2, etc.

also i put a small program that when the receiver turns on, automatically changes to input VIDEO1 and works.

however when i go to the on-screen navigator thats when i cant get the control4 to tell my receiver to change the input on the receiver.

if i choose Radio on C4, doesnt change the receivers input to TUNER, when i choose on C4 Video, dvd, it doesnt change on the Receivers Input to DVD.

the bindings supposed to be set ok.

any suggestions?

No, actually i had the tuner running for a while but everything else wasnt working, then i created the project again, everything worked except the tuner, i just decided to leave it like that instean of probably messing everything up again.

thanks

Archived