C4 Forums | Control4

no onscreen navigator on my system

seems like every time I plug in a HDMI into my TV and change the source to be able to watch a movie from my computer, I have a hard time getting the onscreen navigator to come back, I thought I had it licked but last night after watching a movie from the HDMI source I was able to get the onscreen and watch some normal TV, but this morning none of the TVs will display the onscreen! any ideas?? 

I did another reset on the entire system, powered it off at the source and that seemed to have sorted it out, is there a different way I should be accessing my internet content? what I do now is I used my TV remove to change the source to HDMI! I'm not sure if there is a way to do that with the control4 remote???

You can set up a dummy source in your c4 system and name it PC. Just bind it to an input on your tv. Then you could hit watch pc and the tv source would change. Then when you choose another source it would know it is supposed to change back. Obviously once the PC is selected source you can't control it through c4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can set up a dummy source in your c4 system and name it PC. Just bind it to an input on your tv. Then you could hit watch pc and the tv source would change. Then when you choose another source it would know it is supposed to change back. Obviously once the PC is selected source you can't control it through c4.

This is exactly what you should do. When you change the input, C4 is unaware of it and wont try to change it back.

ya that sounds like it would work, how do I do that? I'm not sure I have access to control that kind of stuff! I thought the only people that were allowed to do any programming on my project was the c4 reps?

Get in touch with your(or another) dealer, it shouldn't take more than about 90 seconds.

A related question: when I turn on my tv, cable, receiver it seems like it's set to go to the correct input. The screen flashes up the goes black and shows the hdmi input. Does it have to check every time that it's on the right input or can I have that step removed? We only use one input. The rest is through the AVR

When you power up it will always tell the tv what input to go to. If you only use one tv input you could just remove that inputs it code from the driver. At that point you'd be skipping that step like you mentioned. I've done that before although for some reason I always feel uneasy about it. Not sure why.

If that flashing is happening while your watching cable it's probably your tv changing resolutions, depending on your cable box settings and avr.

When you power up it will always tell the tv what input to go to. If you only use one tv input you could just remove that inputs it code from the driver. At that point you'd be skipping that step like you mentioned. I've done that before although for some reason I always feel uneasy about it. Not sure why.

If that flashing is happening while your watching cable it's probably your tv changing resolutions, depending on your cable box settings and avr.

Thanks. It adds a couple of seconds to watching a show so not worth asking dealer to change

Uneasy because inevitably, as soon as you do this the maid will bump the input button while cleaning. 

Archived