C4 Forums | Control4

Harmony is far from dead

Then apparently the ones dealers sell are the crap ones because if your experience was the norm they wouldn't be in business anymore as this would be 100% failure rate.  So the possibilities...

1) Some how Harmony stayed in business despite 100% failure rate

2) Your exaggerating

3) Your clients were a bunch of apes that manhandled the remotes

The Harmony 890pro commands a higher used price then a Control4 SR250, I'd again argue that if these sucked as bad as you are trying to make it out then this would not be the case.

I'm not trying to say that Harmony stuff is awesome or that it compares to Control4, simply that some of their products are solid and work for a lot of people 

Then apparently the ones dealers sell are the crap ones because if your experience was the norm they wouldn't be in business anymore as this would be 100% failure rate.  So the possibilities...

1) Some how Harmony stayed in business despite 100% failure rate

2) Your exaggerating

3) Your clients were a bunch of apes that manhandled the remotes

The Harmony 890pro commands a higher used price then a Control4 SR250, I'd again argue that if these sucked as bad as you are trying to make it out then this would not be the case.

I'm not trying to say that Harmony stuff is awesome or that it compares to Control4, simply that some of their products are solid and work for a lot of people 

#3 could be right - no its not #2. 

I'm sure that it was a combination of issues.  Battery issues, charger issues, dropped remote, bad batch of units (I'm pretty sure this is was the main issue - as they were all sourced from the same distributor, that stopped carrying them BTW). 

Either way they did ALL have failures at 12-18 months of service and Harmony refused to do anything about it. 

I did eat the cost and replaced every one with a new remote from a different vendor which also means new programming and at my own expense. 

Now I'm lucky as I did not have nearly as many in the field as Seth, but it still cost me a lot of money to make things right.

YMMV

They are in that they both control things. The harmony which does far less costs more... My point was if it failed at 100% as is being implied they would not command that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also you didn't read the whole post where I state that I don't believe the harmony unit is better or that it directly compares.

They are in that they both control things. The harmony which does far less costs more... My point was if it failed at 100% as is being implied they would not command that price.

One of them is a piece of a control ecosystem that on it's own controls nothing. The other is a complete solution in itself.

Archived