C4 Forums | Control4

SR250 Remote Button not Working

This is a good one; I have to two remotes (Sr250), both running same firmware, one of them works perfectly fine.  The other, for some reason, the scan buttons don't work, everything else in the remote works.  Any ideas?  Could it be that these four buttons are busted? 

I have left the network and rejoined, took off the batteries and turned it back on, did the whole factory reset of C4 and 0 button upon boot up and still nothing.  Any idea?  Thanks. 

Could it be there is programming set up to make the colored button a scan button on one remote and not on the other??

I'm pretty sure that's fine on the room level, buy could be remembering wrong. I don't have Computer in front of me.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

Help me out here- what are "scan" buttons.  You mean directional buttons??  You said 4 so my guess it is those...

Correct.  The I guess "fast forward", "rewind" and the top two buttons on top.  It can't be programming related as I have taken the remote out of the project completely and added again and still nothing. 

• 8 months later...

This happened on one of my SR250s.  3-4 buttons in the middle just stopped after about four years of limited use.  Sold it on eBay for parts and replaced it with another used one on eBay.  Chalk it up to a marginal hardware design or marginal manufacturing.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen a few cases where one or more functions seem to stop working.  If battery V is extremely low, the unit may show a display and scroll to a selection but die-out on transmit of the function.  It would be easy to assume that/those particular button(s) NG.  When in doubt, change the batteries.

Archived