C4 Forums | Control4

JRiver Media Center

Integration value - defined as in would either Control4 or a 3rd party like EV or DriversLab have an interest in creating a (full!) integration option - depends on the overall interest of C4 end-users/target market, not one dealer's individual clientele.

Same goes for JRiver's interest in making or 'ordering' a driver the other way - would they gain enough users to compensate for the associated cost.

It doesn't matter if a product is the greatest thing in it's category - if not enough people want it/want to pay for it/want to deal with it it will not get anywhere.

Of course economic models always dictate business decisions in the end. Niche products often don't pass the development cost hurdles.

It is called bankruptcy! Control4 was designed around the low cost home automation. Worked great in the past, but Control4 had no competition. Sony, Sharp, and Panasonic are taking huge losses. Control4 made lot of money off these companies, but now the market has changed. Apple is top in the electronics industry. Apple's partners have developed a long list of new hardware for home automation. Savant is dropping their prices. The smart companies are modifying their hardware to work with Apple hardware

Game over Control4

While Google lately is structuring itself like Ma Bell, the telecommunications industry has never recovered after the breakup.

please stay on topic, jriver...  oh the irony...

Actually, their intent was to harass me again. Never was created to be about Jriver. I knew that as soon as the thread went up. I saw the other threads as soon as I logged in. I usually don't listen to people that trash a product, because I found that aren't the ones to trust.

thanks, back on topic, at least you used the keyword, jriver

Archived