C4 Forums | Control4

Music stopped playing

Looking for any help on this issue.  I recently got a new wireless router for better coverage / range around the house.  I made sure to have all the settings / passwords match the settings for the old router.  Everything has been fine except now I can't get any music to play in any of the zones throughout the house.  The TV, lighting, etc. is all working no problem.  I can connect to the controller just fine through the director software.

I have an HC500 and I've tried rebooting it several times but can't figure out why the audio won't work.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

The 500 is actually not even on the wifi so it probably isn't that, but the reason I brought up the wireless router is because the music was playing just fine before I installed it and I can't get it to now without having changed anything else.  I've been baffled and that is the only thing I can think of.

As mentioned, the IP of the share is specified in Composer.  If the router has given your computer a new IP then Control4 has no idea where to find the music content.  I also recommend to optimize the DNS entries as this helps speed up start-up of TuneIn or Rhapsody.

You will need to power up the old router log in and look for dns reservation table.

Find the Mac address of the pc and the reserves ip and write them down the go put this into the New router ans power cycle everything.

Or if you have Composer Home or pro (not sure about media) you can look up the up addresses programmed into the system

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Archived