C4 Forums | Control4

Wanted: Quotes for EV Roku driver

troyfrezze

Maybe I'm having an off day but I don't get the point of posting ridiculous pricing when a member of the forum simply wanted to know who here would sell him the driver and for how much... Yes he asked for quotes, but he may very well not have had a clue how much it would cost and hence wanted pricing. Seems rather normal to me, do you call one plumber or several when you need something done? Don't answer that you don't call any because you do it yourself, you get my point. 

Just joking around a bit.  It's Saturday.  If you're that worried about it I did send him a pm with a very reasonable price for the driver.  I apologize for my apparently lame attempt at some humor.  

If YOU'RE worried about it, I sent him a pm apologizing for everyone clogging up his thread with nonsense and jokes as lame as FDR's legs.

Maybe I'm having an off day but I don't get the point of posting ridiculous pricing when a member of the forum simply wanted to know who here would sell him the driver and for how much... Yes he asked for quotes, but he may very well not have had a clue how much it would cost and hence wanted pricing. Seems rather normal to me, do you call one plumber or several when you need something done? Don't answer that you don't call any because you do it yourself, you get my point. 

I would say your having an off day, or u got up on the wrong side of the bed

do you really think someone would quote openly???....cmon especially the guys that responded here...all helpful guys.

not to mention im sure Troyfreeze is capable of responding all by himself if there was a problem.......sheesh

Thanks everyone for the assist. Picked up the driver this morning and set it up. I don't mind the joking back and forth of prices, but yes as someone who isn't an EV dealer I don't see the prices and so I can't just openly expect a price point to be X. So if I solicit for quotes then I get to see a range of prices from people. In this case I saw about $20 from the highest price to the lowest price. Plus it also gives me an idea of who to trust and who not to trust. Needless to say, I don't trust those who jack up prices for digital content they put no work into.

Archived