C4 Forums | Control4

Sonos and Google Play

I just had the sonos medial streamer hooked up to my C4 system.

I'm able to get Google Play to work perfectly via the Sonos app....but when using the EV driver with in C4 when I tap on Google Play as the music source nothing happens.  Spotify, Pandora, iHeart, Tunein all work fine just not Google Play.

Any thoughts?

Save something as a favorite in Sonos on Google Play (like a playlist) and try to play that in the Favorites through the EV driver, that would tell you something.  Not sure what, but being able to play Google Play directly was new in 7.5.x and since that didn't auto-update, there may still be bugs (not everybody would have it yet, including me).

Auto-update is great, but its kind of a crutch making it less likely people pay attention to versions, and I would guess that dealers don't push these updates either.

I will try that and see.  Unfortunately my dealer also didn't explain that you can search for anything using the EV driver for sonos which kind of makes it not worth the money.  Seems like for now streaming from phone to airplay is the best bet.  For someone who just turns on sonos and starts streaming I can see the value for this but for someone who like to add stations, search songs, etc....not going to work.

Anybody else have another view on Sonos?

You save your playlists as favorites, then they are there.  Its a pain to use the C4 touchscreen to do stuff like that anyway.  As far as phone to airplay, not unless you use the airplay in the C4 media bridge.  Not a whole-house solution otherwise.

Turns out the Sonos Connect I got was defective.  So I just got a new one and it seems to work great.  But I don't know how to get my C4 system to see the new Sonos.  I think it might be looking for the old version.

Something the deal has to do or can I do it using Home Edition? 

Thanks,

Jason

Turns out the Sonos Connect I got was defective. So I just got a new one and it seems to work great. But I don't know how to get my C4 system to see the new Sonos. I think it might be looking for the old version.

Something the deal has to do or can I do it using Home Edition?

Thanks,

Jason

I believe a dealer has to fix. I don't think he has the design tab which Is where you configure

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Archived